Difference between revisions of "User:Molly"
(→External Links: Added link to old tutor: sockets programming)
m (→External Links: copy-paste error: forgot to add the actual link :S)
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
== External Links ==
== External Links ==
* [//./Tutor: Internet Programming with Pascal] (Some socket related programming basics. Old and not all apply to AROS, but interesting material to read nonetheless).
Revision as of 01:07, 16 July 2014
Welcome to my FreePascal for AROS page.
It's my intention to use this page to put up some unsorted thoughts, codesamples etc. that eventually should arrive somewhere in the main wikibook but require a bit more thought on were the best location could be.
I will also use this page to experiment with the wikibook formatting and other related stuff (as i'm fairly new to all this wiki-stuff).
All in all, this page would be mostly used as a testing ground and carbage collector :-D
A little about me
I'm an old time Pascal user, that started writing Pascal when it was still called Turbo Pascal (later to be named Borland Pascal, Delphi etc...). Most people back then used a C-compiler to get their code running for MS-DOS, as where i choose to use Pascal (i'm a bit hard-headed).
About two/three years ago i got (more) involved into the AROS project, and was very thrilled to see that there was a fpc compiler available. For people not knowing: One of Freepascal's playgrounds back in the days was the Amiga computer (back then FreePascal was still called FPK pascal).
So, i decided to give the porter/maintainer of FreePascal for AROS (ALB42) a little help here and there. I've tried his ported FreePascal and it runs fairly well and is already capable of creating full-fledged AROS programs. Alas, it's not all a fairytale as there are still things missing and bugs have to be conquered (not to mention that AROS is still a WiP and so things tend to change over time).
Hopefully i will be able to contribute further to this project, as i think it's very exciting.
The carbidge bin
- Wiki related - Some wiki related links
- Creating a crosscompiler - An attempt to setup a crosscompiler for windows
- Using annotate - An alternative (syntax highlighting supported) editor to fp-ide.
- Libraries - Status/Info of my units.
- Examplecode - Unsorted source examples.
- Programming Topics - Topics with explanation.